Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Funny



It's funny, to me anyway, looking at myself (well, how I imagine I look) sitting in the hallway, homemade chai latte in hand; just enough out of the way of the boys who are watching tv after school; browsing book after book on organizing, crafting, and making this home better than ever. Back in the old days, and I mean 8 years ago, I didn't need books like this and inspiration, they really are telling me things I already know. Yet, I check out about 40 books from the library on how to do this: making a home. It's funny because the time I've spent getting inspired could be spent organzing/cleaning the other half of the kitchen that I started two days ago. And, the time I've spent making lists could definitely be used folding the two loads of laundry sitting on my bed in a nice heap of wrinklyness.
Why do I feel I need these books? This is rhetorical.
I do need these books, and this is why:
They get me to sit down and relax for 30 minutes; a little down time. I get up from my 30 minute break and I do feel inspired and the work I am doing, like wiping down cabinets and sorting books, really is something that will make my life easier and happier.
My life easier and happier= ME easy going and happier.
So bring on the organizing, cleaning, homemaking books and CARRY ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment